Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
Information We Collect
This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on Healthcare Times Web site and applications for iPhone, iPad, iPod, and other devices and platforms, hereafter referred to as simply Healthcare Times or healthcaretimes.org.
Healthcare Times occasionally needs to collect information for convenience, practicality, or technical requirements. This information includes:
- The type of device running the application (e.g. an iPhone 5), its platform version (e.g. iOS 6.0), and the version of Healthcare Times in use (e.g. 1.0).
- Your current subscription status and basic information, not including credit-card numbers or other payment details.
- Anonymous usage statistics.
- Information supplied to Healthcare Times by Apple, which may include your name, email address, and ZIP code if you opted into the collection of this information upon subscribing.
- Like most Web sites, Healthcare Times also collects and stores information automatically and through the use of electronic tools that may be transparent to visitors. For example, we may log the name of your Internet Service Provider, your IP address, and information provided by and about your Internet browser. As we adopt additional technology, we may also gather similar information through other means. We may also use “cookie” technology for your convenience as we see fit, such as to keep you logged in between visits if we add a login feature.
How We Use Information
We use the information you provide to operate Healthcare Times and its various features.
We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to accomplish Healthcare Times functionality.
We use return email addresses to answer the email we receive. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties.
We use non-identifying and aggregate information to better design Healthcare Times For instance, we may make feature decisions based on the percentage of our readership using a certain device or operating system.
We may also share non-identifying and aggregate statistics with potential future advertisers and partners. For instance, we may tell an advertiser or partner how many people visited a certain area on our website, used a certain feature of the application, or viewed a certain issue or article. When information is used in this or a similar manner, we do not disclose anything that could be used to identify the individuals on whom the information is based.
We may disclose your information in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or to defend against legal claims.
We may disclose your information when we believe it necessary or desirable in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our policies, and/or to protect our rights and property.
In the future, we may sell, buy, merge, or partner with other companies or businesses. In such transactions, user information may be among the transferred assets.
External services beyond Healthcare Times control are integrated with Healthcare Times where necessary, such as Google Analytics for traffic measurement and tracking. Healthcare Times makes reasonable efforts to ensure that all integrated external services are trustworthy and reputable, but we cannot be held responsible for data collection and usage by such services.
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our website from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.
How to Contact Us
Should you have other questions or concerns about these privacy policies, or to have any of your personally identifiable information deleted, please email email@example.com with the details of your request. At this time, we only have the ability to receive and send English-language communications.
Due to the nature of backups and logs, deleted data may persist in backups and logs until they are deleted.
Changes to This Policy
Healthcare Times reserves the right to change this policy at any time. Please check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of Healthcare Times following the posting of changes to this policy will mean you accept those changes.
Last updated July 1, 2016.